May is Deck Safety Awareness month set forth by The North American Deck and Railing Association:, (NADRA). It’s a time to augment safety around your deck by evaluating, inspecting and correcting issues annually. Just as important as inspecting for the structural integrity of your deck and railing, is to ensure your deck area has adequate visibility. Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Clearwater & Tampa Bay would like to help you realize this goal by focusing on how lighting around your deck adds a critical safety aspect.
Patios, decks, docks, pool and spa decks and virtually any outdoor living space can be made safer every evening with lighting. Lighting adds visibility and it makes it easier to navigate these areas at night. Accident prone areas where trips and falls can happen are great zones to target with added light.
Deck lighting comes in an array of options to increase safety and visibility:
1. Deck post lighting: Adds illumination higher up so you can see over larger areas. It can be seen at a good distance, too.
2. Stair tread/riser lighting: Helps your footing so you don’t miss a step. Every landing is lit up so you can see exactly where your foot needs to go without guessing.
3. Rail lighting: Increases lighting around the rails of your deck so you know exactly where the boundaries are. No more bumping into rails at night. You can also see where exactly to place your hands to go up the stair railing.
4. Deck surround lighting: Fixtures strategically places around your deck in the landscape areas help you walk around. No more wandering in the dark without knowing exactly where everything is. Your fire pit area can be illuminated so you can safely sit around it.
5. Task lighting: Perfect for grill and kitchen zones! You can easily see to cook and serve food without burns. Food can be cooked just right since you can easily see what you are doing.
6. Overhead permanent festival lighting: Your entire deck can be gently illuminated from above for fantastic visibility. You can hang out with friends and family for longer, fun evenings because it’s easy to see and walk around. Café lighting allows you to play games, dine, cook, etc.
Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Clearwater & Tampa Bay will evaluate your deck areas and increase your lighting to add safety. LED lighting is gentle on the wallet thanks to minimal energy consumption.
Our fixtures are made in the USA of high-grade metal materials that last in our Florida temperatures and salty air. We don’t use cheap, big-box store plastic fixtures that only last a season or two. Our professional lighting designers will show you exactly where to put fixtures so that you get the most bang for your buck. Light up shadowy areas on your property and deck areas to improve your flow of how guests circulate. Safely guide people onto pathways, down steps and across your property with ease and increase beauty at the same time.
Let Outdoor Lighting Perspectives of Clearwater & Tampa Bay get your St. Petersburg outdoor deck lit up for safety! Contact us at 727-785-6000 or 813-237-0340 or email us at [email protected] to arrange a free design consultation.